Thursday, September 18, 2008

Task 5: video reflection

The story of stuff

I learned a lot from this video, I got the general idea of how the product are been made, the processes are not simply follow what its says in dictionary, there are a lot more, I was surprised by the complicated inner processes going on, they were interacted by the cultural, people, economy and so on.
The main centre point of this video is environment issue, the composer used a lot of data to indicate the serious problem on our environment, and this make me question, what is the aim of designing? As the composer said, people were designing things for dump, for perceived obsolescence, for fashion. In the end, some of the products are useless and increase the pollution, in my opinion, as a designer you should design things have a real value and good for the consumers. We really need to consider about our environment.

No comments: